Laptop Scheme 2023-2024: PM’s National Laptop Scheme
The PM’s National Laptop Scheme is a government initiative to provide free laptops to students in Pakistan who are enrolled in any public or private university or college. The scheme aims to enhance the quality of education and research in the country and to promote the use of technology among the youth. The scheme is open to students who have a minimum of 60% marks in their previous degree.
The eligibility criteria for the PM’s National Laptop Scheme are as follows:
- Students registered in an HEC-approved public sector educational institution.
- Students pursuing doctoral, master’s, or similar 18-year degrees
- Students enrolled in one or two-year Master’s degree programs (morning and evening).
- Students enrolled in four or five-year Bachelor’s degree programs (morning and evening).
- Students with disabilities enrolled in any public sector HEI.
- Students of degree colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Learners from Islamabad Model Schools for Boys and Girls
- Students of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs of AJK and Gilgit Baltistan universities.
How to Apply for the PM’s National Laptop Scheme, students need to follow these steps:
- Register online at the official website of the scheme: pmnls.hec.gov.pk.
- Enter correct and complete details in the online application form.
- Send the online application form and print a copy of it.
- Submit the printed application form along with the required documents to the focal person of the respective university or college.
- Wait for the verification and validation of the application by the university or college.
- Check the status of the application online at the official website of the scheme.
Merit List and Distribution
The merit list and distribution of laptops under the PM’s National Laptop Scheme are done by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) in collaboration with the respective universities and colleges. The merit list is based on the academic performance and the quota of each institution. The distribution process is carried out in phases, with each phase covering a specific number of institutions and students. The latest phase of the scheme was Phase III, which started in July 2023 and ended in December 2023. The merit list for Phase III can be viewed online at pmyp.gov.pk. The next phase of the scheme is expected to start in 2024.
Laptop Scheme 2022:
Laptop Scheme 2022 is a government initiative that aims to provide free laptops to the students of public sector universities and degree-awarding institutions in Pakistan. The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Imran Khan in 2022 as part of his vision to promote digital literacy and innovation among the youth of the country.
The scheme has two phases: Phase IV and Phase V, which will distribute 200,000 laptops worth Rs. 10.827 billion across the country. The distribution of laptops is based on the merit and needs of the students, who have to apply online through the Students’ Service Portal.
The students need to fulfill the following criteria to apply for the scheme:
- The students must be enrolled in an undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctoral program in a public sector university or degree-awarding institution.
- The students must have a valid CNIC or B-form number.
The students must have a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or 60% marks in their last semester or annual exam.
- The students must not have received a laptop under any other government scheme.
- The scheme is expected to benefit the students in various ways, such as:
- Enhancing their academic performance and research skills by providing them access to online resources and tools.
- Developing their digital skills and competencies by exposing them to the latest technologies and software.
- Encouraging them to pursue higher education and innovation by creating a culture of learning and creativity.
- Empowering them to contribute to the socio-economic development of the country by utilizing their potential and talent.
Laptop Scheme 2022 is a commendable step by the government to support the higher education sector in Pakistan, which faces many challenges such as lack of infrastructure, quality, and funding. By providing free laptops to the students, the government is not only facilitating their education but also investing in their future. Laptop Scheme 2022 is a symbol of hope and opportunity for the young generation of Pakistan, who aspire to achieve excellence and make a difference in the world.